£23212 - £24012 per annum
6 days ago
Brand New Service Opening!! Fantastic Opportunity!!!!
Are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a number of residential support workers to join a brand new 3 bed children's service in central Taunton supporting young people who are 16+ to transition into independent living.
Salary: £23,012 - £24,012 (inclusive of sleep ins)
Hours: Full time
Shift Times: 8am - 11pm sleep 7am - 8.30am
Week 1 - 3 x 24 hour shifts
Week 2 - 3 x 24 hour shifts
Week 3 - 3 x 24 hour shifts
Week 4 - 1 x 24 hour shift
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the young people to achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To act as a role model to the young people an encourage them to take responsibility for their own lives.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Supporting young people with life skills such as budgeting, cooking and cleaning.
- Protect young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support to the young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, and preferred method of communication.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- 20 days annual leave
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.