Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire
£22744 - £23656 per annum + continuous training & development provided
26 days ago
Discover your strengths & express who you are; while shaping the future of young people, enabling them to understand their past, live for today and look forward to a brighter future ..
If you've got experience supporting Children & Young People & hold your Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification we've got just the job for you!
We are recruiting for 3 x Qualified Support Workers who are eager to progress & join a children's residential service supporting vulnerable young people between the ages of 10 - 16 with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
Getting paid to play football and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
Location: Near Chipping Sodbury, (only 8 miles from Bristol & Thornbury)
Salary: Salary: £22,744.00 - £23,656.00 *based on a full-time Support Worker completing 8 'sleep-ins' per month
Hours: You will work on a rolling rota, so you always know where you are! You will be expected to work alternate weekends & due to the nature of the shifts and rota, you will work 9-11 shifts per month
Shift pattern: 7.30am - 11pm sleep 7am - 11pm sleep 7am - 8am
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
- Must hold the QCF Level 3 Children & Young People qualification
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable but not essential.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well-being of young people.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be aged 21 or over due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!
**Interviews are being held throughout February, with a view to starting work in March**
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process to secure the next step in their career in Care...
"Lyndsay provided excellent support throughout the process. Kept me up to date, throughout the whole process Lyndsay was a phone call away and always ready to talk." - Saadia
"I would like to thank the Vetro Recruitment staff who helped me with applying for a new job. I received information about lots of potential vacancies and specific details on recommended posts. I was very impressed by the very rapid response to my emails and phone calls with interviews and meetings arranged promptly. Staff clearly rang and emailed contacts to follow up interviews and meetings for me then replied to me immediately. I was provided with clear information and suggestions of interview questions which was particularly useful." - Judith
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.