Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent
£8.50 - £11 per hour
25 days ago
Are you looking for ADHOC work around your current lifestyle? If you have experience in the care sector we have positions available supporting Young People - Immediate start
- Pay £9.00 - £10 per hour - Weekly Pay.
- Shift patterns are to cover days, nights & Sleep-ins
- Ongoing ADHOC cover.
- Location - Ebbw Vale
The organisation supports young people up to the age of 16 years in a residential service. The service currently support 6 young people, both male and female. The young people have emotional and behavioural difficulties and are being supported on a 1:1 and/or 2:1 basis.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- To ensure the safety of the young people and provide a safe environment for them to live in.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours and provide emotional support when required.
- Provide support for the young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the young people, other staff and professionals.
- Have the ability to encourage the young people and provide them with confidence and self-esteem to enhance the young person's life.
The Ideal candidate would:
- Experience as a Support Worker with young people - Desirable
- A DBS on the online update service - Desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills - Desirable
- To work as part of a team - Essential
- Be open and approachable person - Essential
- Have the ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and outside professionals - Essential
- To have the confidence to manage challenging behaviours that is displayed by the young people - Essential
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.