*URGENT FILL POSITIONS*
*FULL OR PART-TIME HOURS AVAILABLE*
*TRANSFERABLE CARE EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED*
We have a fantastic opportunity for learning support workers to join one of our client’s services in the Tavistock and Yalverton area. You will be supporting children with a range of needs, including learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
If you are enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated, wanting to make a difference in the lives of children with learning difficulties, we would love to hear from you.
By supporting children in a therapeutic, residential and school setting, you will enable the young people to develop socially and emotionally, while encouraging them to live as independently as possible, in a setting where they feel safe and empowered to make positive changes in their lives. The role is incredibly rewarding and you will be making a positive difference, each time you start work. You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and support the service users, to the highest standards possible. Ideally, you will have experience working with children and young people.
Job Type: Support Worker - Children with Learning Difficulties
Shifts: Earlies and lates available
Pay: £11.09 per hour(inclusive of holiday pay)
About the role and service:
As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
- Being a positive role model to the service users and encouraging them to make positive choices.
- Person-centred approach. Proactive in encouraging service users to engage fully with support staff and other stakeholders such as health care professionals
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Mentoring service users to live as independently as possible, while taking a full part in all activities and therapeutic services, offered.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching service users viable life skills to aid reintegration into their communities.
- Committed to equal opportunities for all
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and not Umbrella so no payroll charges.
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs. Shifts are scheduled and booked via Shift App either week by week or block booking.
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Care
- On-Going Training and Personal Development
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant, experienced in frontline social care
- Agency worker of the month award
- Entry into our quarterly Golden Ticket to win £500
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Choice of Holiday Pay paid or Accrued
- Contributed Pension
- Ideally, 3 months of experience working in a similar care setting but any care-related experience considered.
- Right to work in the UK
- Full valid UK driving licence(maximum 6 points) and own transport due to the location.
- Completion of our online application pack
- QCF Level 3, relevant to the role a big advantage
If you’re looking for flexible hours and a challenging yet rewarding role where no day is the same then apply now! Click APPLY and a member of the team will be in touch. Alternatively, call: 0117 3133361 or send your CV to: email@example.com