£17500 - £19500 per annum + Extensive benefit package
10 months ago
We currently have opportunities for EITHER Waking Night Support Workers OR Day Support Workers - please specify on application your preference.
Both roles offer an average of 43.5 hours per week, working 13 hour shifts, from 8am-9pm (DAYS) OR 7:30pm-7:30am (NIGHTS) on a 4 week rolling rota
- Reporting to a Senior Support Worker this role is responsible for providing guidance, support and engagement to our residents in a variety of settings to include home, on & off site activities, promoting independence and choice where possible and appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A genuine passion for care with particular emphasis on adult services.
- Ideally have demonstrable experience providing care and support to individuals with severe learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and autistic spectrum disorder.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
- Ideally hold a completed NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be prepared to work towards and complete this qualification within an outlined time frame.
- Applicants must live within a commutable distance from our location, driving licence would be desirable.
- Work in partnership with Registered Manager and Senior Team to safeguard residents at all times.
- Lead by example and contribute to the personal development of our residents, promoting and supporting healthy lifestyle choices alongside varied and appropriate activities.
- Lead by example and contribute positively in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community.
- Communicate with residents in a method appropriate to them.
- Assist with personal care of residents.
- Take pride in the provision working alongside your team to maintain a safe, clean, fun and homely environment for our residents.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Proactively contribute to care planning and take ownership for keeping your own knowledge up to date by regularly reviewing all relevant documentation and training materials.
- Take ownership for personal development, attending all relevant training to include a comprehensive induction.
In addition to this, comprehensive training, funding to complete relevant qualifications in health & social care, Pension, Life Assurance & child care voucher scheme. Staff meals provided throughout the day.
If you are looking for a fulfilling role within an organisation who supports your development - then Vetro would welcome your application! Before sending your CV please specify whether you would like to be considered for either the Day OR Night role, alongside a brief summary of why you feel you are suitable for the position.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.