We are recruiting Support Workers for a service near Llandeilo that supports adults with a range of support needs, including Learning Disabilities and Autism.
The service provides lots of in-house activities for the residents, including; gardening, music, arts and crafts, woodwork and more, which the support workers will also join in and assist with. As well as regular in-house activities, you will also support the service users to access activities in the community; including, day trips, shopping, and meals out.
This really is a great opportunity for support workers to join a fantastic service, in a beautiful setting. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. If you are a passionate, caring individual who wants to make a difference, we would love to hear from you!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £8.99 per hour + shift bonus + £100 bonus on completion of probationary period
Location: Near Llandeilo
Hours: 3 x 13 hour shifts per week
Shifts: 3 on, 4 off - weekends included
Day shift & night shift contracts are available
About the Role:
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for making sure that the individuals you support are able to sustain their independence whilst encouraging and supporting the service users with daily living tasks.
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to the service users and their care plans are followed so they can achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the company ethos, values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities and Autism Mental Health needs
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each person.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care
- 28 days annual leave and Company Pension Scheme
- All necessary training and support to achieve a QCF in Health and Social Care
- Extensive ongoing training
- Career progression opportunities
- Discount vouchers
- EAP Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team events
- Free meals when on shift
- Casual dress code
- Free DBS
- Free parking
- Recommend a friend referral reward scheme
Key Skills Required:
- Caring and compassionate individual with a desire to make a difference
- Good communication skills
- Able to work well with your team to provide the highest standards of service and care
- Be able to work flexibly, shifts will include evenings, weekends and nights.
- Good work ethic
- Drivers licence and access to a car
Can you deliver a caring and compassionate approach and really make a difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.