Up to £17500 per annum
5 months ago
We are recruiting for experienced Support Workers who have a Forensic and Mental Health background to join a specialist 11 bedded Supported Living service based in Cowley, Oxfordshire.
You would be supporting vulnerable males aged 18-60 who have a criminal background and associated complex needs such as self-harming, personality disorder, schizophrenia, acquired brain injury and a diagnosis of Mental Health.
Salary: £17,550 per year (£9.00 p/h).
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Full-Time and Permanent.
Day Shifts: 7am - 2:30pm, 2pm - 9:30pm
Waking Night Shifts: 9pm - 7:30am
You will be expected to work a mixture of both days and nights on a rota basis.
- Supporting ex offenders within a Supported Living setting.
- Encouraging independence.
- Encouraging and building social skills.
Requirements / Experience:
- Must have experience in working within a Mental Health / Forensic environment.
- Must have experience in working with challenging behaviours and complex trauma/needs.
- Experience in drug and alcohol substance misuse is an advantage.
- Control / MAPPA restraint training is essential.
- Must have knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Must be resilient, flexible and committed.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is desirable but not essential.
- Must be over the age of 24 due to the needs and requirements of the service.
- Free Enhanced DBS.
- 28 days of annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- Full training provided.
- Career progression.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!