Up to £22000 per annum
4 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Vetro Recruitment are looking for enthusiastic Support Workers to join a Childrens residential service supporting Children and Young People with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour in Newton Abbot, Devon.
- £22,000 per year (including sleep ins).
- This includes a basic salary of £18,228 plus £40 per sleep in shift, which equals to £22,000 per year.
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 10:00am - 10:30am the following morning.
About the Organisation:
To provide support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. This is an 8 bedded home that is split in to two and secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and your aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Reporting to the Registered Manager and supporting them in maintaining a high standard
- Providing a positive living and learning environment.
- Actively plan, encourage and support children to take part in activities within their community.
- If required, support the management of Young People's money and house cash.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Work as part of a team
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Have good knowledge of safeguarding.
- When concerned about the welfare of a young person, staff should always act in the interest of that person.
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided.
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Opportunity to work towards NVQ Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential Care
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and wellbeing of young people.
- Reliable and able to work under the direction of a senior member of staff.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills..
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
If you have no previous experiece in this sector, you will still be considored and supported throughout your role.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements. Call Alex on 029 21 660 880 to discuss further and to apply. Alternatively apply via this job ad.