South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
Up to £19500 per annum
3 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint, enthusiastic and committed Support Workers to join a specialist independent Residential School based in a market town of South Gloucestershire.
The School provides specialist care and education to their Young People with a diagnosis of autism and learning disabilities and they pride themselves on their vision of education and care with a Rudolf Steiner approach.
Based in a rural area of Gloucestershire, the site is a large and attractive area to work with fantastic development opportunities for career progression.
In your new role as Support Worker you will ensure that all Young People are safe and receive a high standard of care. Nurturing a homely environment and encouraging our children to engage in the local community as well as developing life skills and leading a healthy lifestyle.
The role of a Support Worker
Location: Thornbury, South Gloucestershire
Permanent full time position with the option of day shifts or waking nights.
Salary: up to £19,500 per annum
Generous annual leave - 8 weeks a year
Ofsted rating of GOOD ✓
Benefits including Perkbox and pension scheme
** Car drivers preferrable **
The successful candidate will be
- Confident in responding appropriately to challenges within a residential environment.
- Patient, inspiring, caring and child-centred nature
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Understanding of the management role in providing support & guidance for the staff team.
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- This job requires individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices.
For more information on this role, please call Alexandra for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880 or you can apply via this job ad.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,500 p/year
Job Type: Full-time