Up to £17645 per annum
11 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed individual to recruit for Support Worker jobs to join a children's residential home and school for children and young people aged 5-19 in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
Salary: £17,645 per year (37.5 hours per week).
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
Permanent full-time position
About the Company:
A leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
This particular school offers a welcoming and warm environment for children with Autism and Learning disabilities. Students are able to engage in daily life with increased confidence, self-esteem, dignity and independence. Our ethos is to promote the development of social behaviours, independence and personal skills, offering opportunities to practice them in real life settings.
Role of a Support Worker:
* Provide High standards of person-centred support and care to young people.
* Build good relationships with both students and their families.
* Supporting students to become as independent as possible through teaching skills and education.
* Provide support in and outside of the classroom. Residential support will be required for this position.
* Support children with activities on site and off site, allowing them to take part in their hobbies.
* Provide personal care and help to develop social and home skills.
Requirements of a Support Worker:
* Excellent communication and organisation skills.
* Be a team player
* Have experience or understanding of challenging behaviour and the resilience to work in a challenging environment.
* Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the children.
Due to the needs of the young people we ask that you are a car driver for this position to help support them in the community.
* A competitive salary.
* Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training.
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Online benefits and cashback rewards.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Just Drive scheme.
* SMART Childcare Vouchers.
* SMART Pension option.
To apply for this position please get in touch with Alexandra on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.