£21000 - £22000 per annum
3 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking for enthusiastic Psychology Graduates who are interested in persuing a career in Children's Services to join a small independent Therapeutic Community in a rural setting in Wiltshire.
You will be offering Therapeutic Residential Support to young females aged 9-17 who have had a traumatic upbringing and display challenging behaviours.
The company is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and you as a Support Worker will also share this commitment.
Salary: £21,000 per year - this is a basic salary of £16,000 a year plus £60 per sleep in shift.
Shift Pattern: 1 on / 2 off
Week 1: Mon, Thurs, Sun
Week 2: Weds, Sat
Week 3: Tues, Fri
Shifts are 24hr sleep in shifts - 07:30am - 07:30am
- Previous experience in Children's Residential Care & challenging behaviour
- Psychology graduates with an interest in therapeutic behaviours are welcomed.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Must be willing to complete the NVQ Level 3 in Children's Residential after 6 month probation.
- Full DBS check prior to starting employment
- £60 per sleep in.
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays).
- Train while you work with the help and support of external resources and already experienced and qualified colleagues
The community offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 9 to 17 years with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. They have developed consistently successful programmes for working with girls who present difficult to manage or chaotic behaviours- which may have been triggered by a number of factors which may include; self-harm, abuse, sexual exploitation, dysfunctional and/or destructive family patterns. The organisation helps girls to gain some awareness of how their experiences have resulted in a sense of chaos and confusion, culminating in an awareness of non- integration with themselves and alienation from society and promotes self-belief, confidence, motivation, trust, openness and resourcefulness. They work with young people, their families and other organisations to identify methods of working that understand, develop and change behaviours.
- Your role as Support Worker will ensure the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Assisting young people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities, these include going to the gym, swimming, shopping and other outdoor activities.
- You will be creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service.
- Ability to work and adhere to the guidelines of Safeguarding Children and Young People and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015 document.
- Be passionate about making a difference to the young people residing at the community.
- Supporting with all aspects of personal care and taxing behaviours safely and sympathetically.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.