We are looking for driven individuals to come and join our team as support workers within our rehabilitation service based in the heart of western-super-mare. Just minutes away from the sea-front this modern and relaxed rehabilitation service is the perfect environment to help individuals on their road to recovery. The service has a strong record in delivering positive outcomes to individuals who are struggling with their mental health by working not only with the individual but with their families and wider care teams.
The patients within your care can display high levels of challenging behaviours that some people may find distressing. Due to this, all staff members are required to have valid restraint training such as MAPA / TMVA / PMVA.
If you do not have the required training it is mandatory that you attend our specialist 3 day PMVA training course. This course usually costs £250 or more. We are able to offer this to you at a highly discounted price of £75! (We pay the remainder).
Job Type: Flexible on going work
Shifts: Night Shifts 19:30 to 08:00 , Full time/ part time.
Pay: £12.33 hourly (inclusive of holidays)
About the role:
Your role will involve providing specialist care to adults (18+) who have mental health issues to promote recovery and enable them to acquire the skills needed to manage their mental health. You will be required to meet with patients to assess their engagement levels and help ensure risk assessments are up to date to promote their safety.
What will you bring to the role?
As a support worker you will need to be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community.
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Free Car parking on site
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- Potential for career development within the site and organisation
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- On going training
- 24 hour support line from vetro nursing
- Immediate starts available
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
What happens next?
If this position sounds of interest and you think you have what it takes to be an excellent Support Worker then we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!