£8.50 - £10.29 per hour + weekly pay!
5 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for support workers in Cardiff to work at a supported accommodation project for adults with alcohol dependency.
The project accommodates those who were previously homeless, have problems with substance misuse and were unable to cope with life on their own. The accommodation offers tenants their own room with ensuite facilities and access to many activities including memory games and word puzzles that help to keep their minds active in a safe environment.
We are looking for staff to provide short notice cover for a wide range of shifts. Shifts can include days, sleep-in's and waking nights during the week and on weekends.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Support tenants with their day-to-day living
- Ensure the safety of tenants and promote their independence and well-being
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviours
- Promote the importance of personal care and hygiene as well as a balanced diet and a healthy controlled approach to the use of alcohol
- Help tenants budget their money and any benefits they may receive
- Make sure tenants are taking required medication
- Experience in a similar role is preferred although not essential
- Ability to build good relationships with tenants but have clear boundaries
- Emotional resilience and a good sense of humour
- A DBS on the update service would be desirable
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.