£8.55 - £10.29 per hour + weekly pay!
10 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are working alongside a homelessness charity to cover a variety of shifts at one of their projects in Cardiff. The service provides residential support to those who are homeless or vulnerably housed, and often those who are dependent on drugs and alcohol. They believe that vulnerable people should be given the chance to live a safer and happier life.
All residents meet regularly with their project worker who will offer personal development work, access to appropriate services (drug/alcohol support, mental health etc.) and advice on seeking permanent accommodation.
Vetro Recruitment are looking for project workers to provide short notice cover for a wide range of shifts. Shifts can include days, sleep-in's and waking nights during the week and on weekends.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Support the residents with their day-to-day living
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviours and provide emotional support when needed
- Promote the tenant's independence and well-being
- Conduct welfare checks to ensure that the residents are safe
- Experience in a similar role is essential and experience working with individuals who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or have mental health issues is preferred
- Ability to respect personal choices of the residents and work non-judgementally with diverse people
- Ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and professionals
- A DBS on the online update service would be desirable
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.