£8.50 - £10.29 per hour + weekly pay!
about 1 month ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently supporting services for adults with Autism, Learning Disabilties and mild mental health issues and are looking for flexible staff to cover a variety of shifts in the Burnham-on-Sea area.
The services allow adults with Autism to enjoy the independence of their own room and use of the communal house for meals and activities including music and art projects. As a support worker, you will support the individuals in day-to-day life but also in visits to the local cinema, swimming pool, shops and the beach.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following;
- Giving individuals the chance to lead a full life instead of isolation or family dependence
- Giving people with autism the confidence and skills to live well, enjoy activities that others take for granted
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication
- Assisting people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities
- Varying levels of support required with personal care
- Supporting in situations with taxing behaviours in a safe and sympathetic way
- Minimum 6 Months paid experience supporting adults with Autism or Learning Disabilities
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour
- Car driver preferred as services are not accessible on public transport and you will take service users in to the community
- Full training is provided via the client and the agency
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 to £250 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.