Wigan, Greater Manchester
£17085 - £25000 per annum
11 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Support Workers to join a large, well established social care organisation, based in the North West that specialises in care for Children and Young People.
The roles I am recruiting for are below:
- Child Care Workers - Wigan - 24 hour rota basis- 39 hour week.
- Night Child Care Worker - St Helens - 38 hour week
- Senior Support Worker - Wigan - EBD - 1 on 2 off, £24,267 (including sleeps).
Both services support young people, aged 7-19 who have EBD, MH and/or challenging behaviours.
The service in Wigan is a home for boys aged 7-19 with emotional behaviour difficulties and mental health needs providing specialist therapeutic residential support - with education.
The service in St Helens is a secure setting with education for young people aged 10 to 18 years. It consists of two six bedded secure units, one of which is female only.
- Wigan - £17,085- £22,127 per annum
- St Helen - £20,215- £22,127 per annum, an annual secure allowance of £1000 pro rata, weekend and overtime enhancements, (£10.57p/h- £10.88p/h).
Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Wigan - Shift pattern consists of 3 main shifts: 0700 -1500, 1430-2230 and 2200-0700. There is an expectation to do all 3 shifts.
- St Helens - Working from 2200-0700 - working either 4 on, 3 off or 5 on, 3 off.
- Experience supporting Children and YP with challenging behaviours, EBD and MH is desirable.
- People with experience supporting Adults can also be considered, as well as those who have personal or voluntary experience supporting people with challenging behaviours.
- Driving is desirable, but not essential.
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People is also desirable, but not essential.
Holidays: 22 days per years plus 8 bank holidays, this increases to 25 days plus BH after 3 years' service. Benefits include funded training and life assurance scheme.
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Would you like £250?
We understand that great people often know great people, that why we offer a referral bonus to all our registered candidate. Click the link below to find out more
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.