If you have bags of energy and love to support others, we have a fantastic opportunity for a support worker to join an organisation that supports people to live their fullest, most independent lives.
The organisation supports adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour in locations around the Vale of Glamorgan, including; St Athan, Penarth, Rhoose, Barry and Penarth, so the successful candidate will need to drive and have their own vehicle so they can travel between sites in the Vale and take service users out for trips and activities - when restrictions allow.
We're looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who can encourage and support the service users with daily tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career as a support worker as lots of training and ongoing support is provided, but we would also like to receive applications from experienced support workers or carers who have experience of learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
Due to the nature of the role and the support, no two shifts are ever the same, so you must be happy to work in a flexible way.
Salary: £9.08 per hour + £62.64 per sleep in shift
Location: St Athan
Permanent 30 hour contract, but overtime available if required
Shift pattern: Weekends, evenings and bank holidays are all worked on a rotational basis, so flexibility is required
- Flexible shift patterns which can be discussed at interview
- Working as part of supportive team
- £62.64 per shift for working a sleeping in shift
- 45p per mile mileage allowance (where applicable)
- Pension scheme
- WHA Healthcare Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement (20 days plus Bank Holidays rising to 25 days)
- Full paid training and support to achieve QCF qualifications
- Employee Benefits Scheme offering shopping discounts, technology scheme and cycle to work schemes.
- Blue Light Card (various store discounts)
About the Role:
The role of support worker involves working as part of a team to support individuals within a supported living environment in St Athan, Vale of Glamorgan.
- Support with personal care (some service users will require manual handling)
- Support with domestic tasks
- Medication assistance
- Support with benefits or tenancy issues
- Support with daily activities such as shopping, mail etc
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community
- Supporting service users to access outside activities
- Attending appointments
- Socialising; meals out, day trips, social clubs
Key Skills Required:
- A positive outlook and enthusiasm for activities
- A flexible approach to work and the willingness and ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and also sleep in and wake in shifts.
- A full clean valid UK driving licence and a car with business insurance, as you will be required to use your car for work purposes.
- Openness to take part in ongoing training for personal development
- Have a commitment to work towards a QCF in Health and Social Care.
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.