£8.50 - £9.00 per hour + increases after probation
11 months ago
Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable people?
Are you looking for full-time hours and happy to assist with sleep-ins?
Are you a car driver in or around the Hamworthy area?
Our client is looking for a committed support worker to work with a non-verbal male in the Hamworthy area. The gentleman has autism and severe learning disabilities.
You will be working alongside a small team of staff who are committed to enabling the young man to have the life he wants.
The ideal candidate will be full of energy! Enjoy activity planning and want to have fun! The client is described by his family as a 'cheeky chap with a great sense of humour'. So much of your role will be out and about, enjoying the activities planned.
The young man has great communication skills, however, can become frustrated when things aren't quite right. The family are looking for a support worker that is confident in helping him when he finds things difficult or becomes anxious.
- The role will be based on 36 hours per week along with a minimum of 1 sleep in. (These hours are based on 3x's 12-hour shifts per week. from 8am-8pm or 10am-10pm + sleep in)
- Car drivers are preferred but not necessarily essential
- You will have experience with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours
- The company are able to offer many additional benefits including training & pension schemes
- You will be offered a competitive rate of pay at £8.50 per hour which rises to £9.00 per hour after a successful probation period.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.