£18228 - £22000 per annum + £40 per sleep in shift
about 2 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Vetro Recruitment are looking for full-time and permanent Support Workers to join a Children and Young People's residential service supporting Children and Young People with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour. Homes are based in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
*** Interview Days - October 30th and November 12th ***
- Successful candidates will be paid £22,000 per year (including sleep ins).
- This includes a basic salary of £18,228 plus £40 per sleep in shift, which equals to £22,000 per year.
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
- 175 average hours per month (not including sleep ins).
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 10:00am - 10:30am the following morning.
About the Organisation:
They support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. All homes are 4-bedded and secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Working under the direction of the Registered Manager.
- Providing a positive living and learning environment.
- Actively plan, encourage and support children to take part in activities within their community.
- If required, support the management of Young People's money and house cash.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Have good knowledge of safeguarding.
- When concerned about the welfare of a young person, staff should always act in the interest of that person.
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided.
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must either hold or be willing to work towards the NVQ Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential.
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and wellbeing of young people.
- Reliable and able to work under the direction of a senior member of staff.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.