£17943 - £21431 per annum + £70.50 per sleep + 33 days holiday!
10 months ago
Have you always wanted to make a positive impact on the lives of children & young people but never had the chance?
This is the support worker opportunity you have been waiting for!!
Due to expansion, Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a number of support worker roles - full and part time staff to support young people with autism aged between 16 - 25 in a totally unique and sustainable setting.
- Salary: £17,934 - £21,431 + sleeps paid at £70.50 per sleep!!
- Location: Stroud
- Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week / part time opportunities also available
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: 8.30am - 4.30pm, 3.30pm - 10pm sleep 7.30am - 9am
Benefits of being a support worker:
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Founded over thirty years ago in the beautiful Horsley Valley, our client has since grown to encompass two historical wool mills, acres of hillside woodlands, a farm, where students grow and sell biodynamic livestock and produce, and the world's only biodynamic fish farm. The setting's craft curriculum stems from the cultural history of the area, with such sessions as weaving and felting, green woodwork, animal husbandry, and metalwork in the Iron Age Forge.
Responsibilities of a support worker:
As a support worker for young people you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- As a support worker you will provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with a holistic approach.
- You will ideally be a driver
- You must be over the age of 18
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.