We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Children’s Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC Children’s Residential Service in, supporting young people between the ages of 10-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours. The homes are based in the Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater areas of Taunton.
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary & Hours:
£25,532 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
3 week rolling rota, 24-hour sleep in shifts. Permanent and Full Time positions available. Full time rota you will be working 10 shifts per/month with part-time opportunities with 5 shifts per/month
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 8am-8am and 9am - 8/9am on weekends.
About the Role:
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To act as a caring and authoritative parental figure for the young people.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver with a Full UK Manual driving licence due to the location of the homes and for transporting the young people into the community.
- MUST be aged 25 or over due to the policies and regulations of the organisation.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of supporting people with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- Must be resilient, committed, organised and good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.