Up to £23370 per annum + £45 per sleep in shift
8 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Vetro Recruitment are looking for full-time and permanent Support Workers to join a Children and Young People's residential service supporting Children and Young People with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour. Homes are based in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
- Successful candidates will be paid £23,370 per year (including sleep ins).
- This includes a basic salary of £18,900 plus £45 per sleep in shift, which equals to £23,370 per year.
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
- 175 average hours per month (not including sleep ins).
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 10:00am - 10:30am the following morning.
About the Organisation:
They support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. All homes are 4-bedded and secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Working under the direction of the Registered Manager.
- Providing a positive living and learning environment.
- Actively plan, encourage and support children to take part in activities within their community.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Have good knowledge of safeguarding.
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided.
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must either hold or be willing to work towards the NVQ Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential.
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and wellbeing of young people.
- Reliable and able to work under the direction of a senior member of staff.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.