£20000 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Liquid error: internal
Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people? Would you love the opportunity to work with young people as a Support Worker?
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play basketball, do arts and crafts and baking is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an amazing opportunity for Children’s Residential Support Workers to join a friendly, settled Children’s Residential Service in a beautiful rural setting in the Carmarthenshire SA32 area, supporting young people between the ages of 11-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £20,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Carmarthenshire SA32
Hours: Full time, permanent contract
Shift pattern: 2 on / 4 off (sleep ins required) the rota is done annually, so you are able to plan for a work/life balance
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 2 on 4 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- 28 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- £1000 pay rise when qualifying in QCF Level 3
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 23.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts and weekends.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.