Or are you a Young Persons Support Worker looking for the next step in your career?
We have an AMAZING opportunity for a Youth Support Worker to join a fantastic education and residential provision supporting young people with a diagnosis of Autism, anxiety, social and emotional or mental health needs just outside Cranborne.
The provision, which is situated in the picturesque New Forest and is easily accessible from the Salisbury, Blandford Forum, Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch areas, boasts 50 acres of grounds, and is a truly stunning place to work!
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £19,550 - £21,000
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Hours: Full time: 3-4 shifts per week (average of 42 hours per week)
Shift pattern: 8am - 8pm
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care which will be funded!
- Full training and support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
As a Young Persons Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Promote, facilitate and support learning both during education based lessons and through leisure and independence activities.
- Ensure that the medical needs of the young people are met at all time
- Promote and encourage independence at all times.
- Support the young person to develop independence skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking as well as taking care of their clothes, bedrooms, personal belongings, accessing the wider community, and using public transport as part of learning independent living skills.
- Keep records accurately and up-to-date
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety procedures are followed at all times
- There will be no personal care requirements for this role.
- You must be a car driver with your own transport as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- All applicants must be minimum of 21 years old
- You must be positive and creative in meeting young person’s needs
- You must be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- You must have good numeracy and literacy skills
- You must have competent ICT skills
- You must be able to show a strong understanding of what “good care” looks like and how to put the young person’s needs first, whilst empowering them to be independent and treating them as an individual
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, this is the job for you! Click apply today!!
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit al