Up to £22068 per annum + £40 per sleep in shift
4 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Are you looking for a Support Worker role in the Wiltshire area? Would you like to support some of the most vulnerable children in our society? We are looking for full-time and permanent Support Workers to work in a children's residential setting supporting young children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour. Homes are in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
*** INTERVIEW DAY - JULY 27TH ***
- Successful candidates will be paid £22,068 per year (including sleep ins).
- This includes basic salary of £18,228 plus £40 per sleep in shift, which equals to £22,068 per year.
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 10:00am - 10:30am the following morning.
About the Organisation:
They support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. All homes are 4-bedded and secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- To create and maintain a positive living and learning environment.
- Actively encourage and support children to take part in activities in their community.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Report any concerns or issues to line manager.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided.
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a care setting and with challenging behaviour is beneficial but not essential.
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential and experience in working with young people is desirable.
- Full UK driving licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some knowledge of safeguarding.
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.