Newton Abbot, Devon
Up to £21581 per annum + £35 per sleep in
3 months ago
Are you looking for a Support Worker role in the Devon area? Would you like to support some of the most vulnerable children in our society? We are looking for experienced, full-time and permanent Support Workers to join a fast-paced children's residential setting, supporting young children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour.
*** Interview Day - Wednesday April 25th 2018 ***
- Successful candidates will be paid £21,581 per year (including sleep ins).
- This includes basic salary of £17,871 plus £35 per sleep in shift, which equals to £21,581 per year.
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tues, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts start at 10am and finish at 10:30 the following morning.
About the Organisation:
They support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a children's residential setting. The home at Newton Abbot is an 8-bed home split into two and have a maximum of 4 children in each. Secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. This is one of the most challenging homes within the organisation and the welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Supporting children with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Create and maintain a positive living and learning environment.
- Actively encourage and support children to take part in activities in their community.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Report any concerns or issues to line manager.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided.
- 245 hours of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a residential care setting and with challenging behaviour.
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential or Children and Young People's Workforce and experience in working with young people is desirable.
- Full UK driving licence is essential due to the very rural location of the home.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some knowledge of safeguarding.
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.