Birmingham, West Midlands
£16000 - £17126 per annum
10 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
We are currently recruiting for experienced Support Workers to join a Children's Services organisation in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham.
You would be supporting young people with EBD and challenging behaviour within a 3 bedded residential home.
Location: Handsworth Wood and Sheldon, Birmingham.
Salary: Up to £17,126 per year plus sleep in allowance.
Permanent and Full-Time role - 39hrs a week.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative are vital.
- Must have previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviours.
- The ability to work a shift rota system that includes working some weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Must have had a Full UK Driving Licence for three years or more.
- Must be aged 21 or over.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective organisational capability.
- Great team player.
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support.
- Strong "can do" attitude.
- Must be able to work in the UK.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training.
- Online benefits and cashback rewards.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Dental Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- SMART Childcare Vouchers.
- SMART Pension option.
- Health Cash Plan.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children's Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. They are an equal opportunities employer.