£9 - £10.09 per hour + weekly pay!
11 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently supporting a leaving-care service for children with emotional behavioural difficulties and mental health issues. The organisation provides support for 16 - 18 year olds who are leaving care and working towards independent living. We are looking for flexible staff who can provide shift cover, often with 24-hour support needed over the weekend.
Young people at the service often have self-harming tendencies, anxiety or depression, and present challenging behaviour, so experience supporting young people in a similar setting is essential.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting young people in the transition into independence and adulthood
- Ensure the safety of the young people and provide a safe environment for them to live in
- The ability to deal with challenging behaviours and provide emotional support when needed
- Promote young people's independence and well-being
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the young people, other staff and professionals
- Experience as a support worker with young people with self-harming tendencies preferred
- Ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and professionals
- Resilience to deal with challenging behaviours
- A DBS on the online update service would be desirable
- Full UK driving licence is required due to the needs of the services
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.