Up to £22948 per annum
7 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are looking for 4 Residential Support Workers to join a small company with homes in and around the Taunton area (Homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Difficulties aged between 10-18.
Salary: £22,948 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24 hour shifts (more details will be given over the phone).
A small but experienced and knowledgeable company. They have four lovely homes that can accommodate 10 young people aged 10-18. The company provide placements for young people with social and emotional difficulties. These difficulties have often come about due to early life experiences such as family crisis or trauma. This affects and has built barriers on the young people's progress and developments towards their future. The placements at this company are designed to produce positive outcomes through working on the behaviours.
28 days annual leave.
Bank holidays enhancements.
Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver due to location of the homes and transporting the young people.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is desirable but not essential.
- MUST have experience of supporting people with challenging behaviour.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years' experience of working in care.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger's and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
- Must be resilient, good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To act as a caring and authoritative parental figure for the young people.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.