Looking for a passionate and motivated Teaching Assistant to offer support within a specialist school within the Preston area.
This is a 1:1 Teaching Assistant role that requires a mixture of class-based support and some targeted intervention work for the child. Focused on supporting the child with their own personalised curriculum, this role is perfect for individuals looking to make a positive difference in a childs life through education.
The school specialises in education support for children with learning disabilities and Autism.
This role is perfect for anyone looking to develop their career within Care.
- Assisting within the classroom setting
- Behaviour management skills
- Ability to support numeracy and literacy skills
- Interest in education and working with children and other support staff
- Ability to provide support and guidance within the classroom for the individual
- Drive and determination to make a difference
- Excellent communication skills
- You will need experience teaching and supporting learners and be willing to get stuck in and provide help as and when it is needed.
- The ability to be flexible, show initiative, be reliable, creative, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
- Ability to adapt
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Be a positive role model for children who will lead by example and form positive relationships within a team
- Have an understanding of all the needs of all pupils
- Monitoring the pupil’s progress
- 8-hour shifts
- 8:30 to 15:45
- Permanent position
- £9.61- £10.00 per hour
- Care experience (essential)
- NVQ 3 (desirable)
- Previous classroom/ TA experience (desirable)
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.