Would you like a job that gives you variety, flexibility and a sense of achievement?
Could you make a real difference for the children you work with?
We are looking for highly motivated, flexible, and committed teaching assistants with experience in pupil referral unit (PRU) settings for long and short-term assignments in PRUs across Rhondda Cynon Taf. Team Teach training would be extremely advantageous for these roles.
***Immediate starts available ***
Job Type: Day-to-day, short-term, long-term, or adhoc
Pay: £65 to £70 per day
About the PRUs we support:
Our schools are all very welcoming places to work and one of our teaching assistants recently said,
“Working for Vetro has given me exactly what I need. I enjoy going to work and although the setting I work in is challenging I always feel supported by both the school and Vetro’s office staff. Working with Vetro allowed me to get my foot in the door and I haven’t looked back since”
We are proud of the relationships we have with our schools. Our partnerships are based on mutual values and ethics so we know you are being placed at the best schools.
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Approved NPS Framework Supplier in Wales
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- Support from one of Rhondda Cynon Taf’s largest suppliers of SEN staff
- Free Training
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket competition to win £1000
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay - paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Contributed pension
- At least 3 months experience of working with children in schools, nurseries or similar
- Experience of supporting learners within a PRU setting or experience working with learners with EBD or SEMH challenges
- Team Teach training will be essential for some of these roles
- Be registered with the EWC (School Support Worker)
- References covering the last two years (no gaps)
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
- The Right to Work in the UK
Duties will include:
- Supporting learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Delay Disorder, Aspergers and Emotional Behaviour Disorder
- Preparing the classroom alongside the class Teacher
- Working with learners in small groups/and or working 1:1
- Putting together displays of children’s work
- Helping out on school trips
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
Can you support and encourage children to flourish? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
If you would like to know more about Vetro please click the link below to see the “about us” video.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.