Up to £15339 per annum
6 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join a special independent school for children aged 17-19 in Yelverton, Devon.
You would be supporting and educating young people with emotional behavioural difficulties, complex Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and challenging behaviour.
Salary: £13,559 per year.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week - Term Time only (39 weeks of the year)
About the School:
The school is a vibrant, diverse school which specialises in high quality educational provision for boys and girls aged between 7-19 with complex learning needs and challenging behaviour including Autism and Severe Learning Disabilities.
Due to the increased number of students, we are looking for exceptional individuals to be part of a growing team of professionals. It would be advantageous to have had experience in this type of setting although training would be given.
Under the direction of teaching colleagues effectively supports the delivery of learning to all the learners and young people in accordance with corporate policy and local procedures, statutory regulations and quality standards.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of Learners and Young People.
- Assists with the management of the learning environment ensuring any significant behavioural or physical occurrences are promptly addressed and reported, referring to a senior member of staff as appropriate.
- Assists senior staff by contributing to the development of care and learning plans.
- Understand the requirement for and contribute to the preparation of incident and other reports and updates daily records and logs as required,
- Maintains professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with learners and young people, colleagues, visitors and other stakeholders.
- Through own professional conduct, including adhering to policies and procedures, contributes to the maintenance of safety, security and confidentiality standards.
- Full manual driving licence.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.