£55 - £70 per day
4 months ago
Specialist Teaching Assistant
Location: Torfaen and the surrounding area
Salary: £55 - £70 per day
Vetro Education are currently seeking SEN Teaching Assistants to work with primary aged pupils who are on the Autism Spectrum (ASD), as well as those who have Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). There are various positions available throughout Torfaen and the surrounding areas.
If you have worked in after school clubs, have 1:1 or group experience with SEN pupils throughout any Key Stage, have an understanding of the Autistic Spectrum and EBD, as well as necessary training and such as Team Teach, Makaton, PECS then get in touch. Individuals must be approachable as you must take the initiative to work effectively and proactively to build professional relationships with pupils, professionals and parents. You must hold at least 6 months recent experience of working with pupils in a SEN environment in the UK.
Therefore, it is essential that you have recent experience and knowledge in this field, in either in a primary school or specialist SEN or EBD environment, PRU, Residential setting, Nurture base. You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom, taking direction from the classroom teacher and SENCO manager. You will also have experience of working with SEN individuals and can build strong rapport with challenging pupils.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking tasks set by the class teacher and SENCO
- Supporting children within the class
- Building up rapport between yourself and the pupils
- Managing the classroom under the direction of the class teacher
- Attending staff meetings
- Undertaking training to further develop your professional portfolio
- Supporting children with SEN ranging from mild to severe
- Working with small groups of 1-2-1
To apply for this position, you will need:
- Recent experience of working in a Mainstream classroom/or experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEN) in an educational setting
- A strong passion to enhance the development of pupils
- An approachable and positive attitude
- Hold relevant qualifications
- Be registered with the EWC
- Be confident in working with small groups and 1:1
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
Benefits will include:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Quick registration (Enhanced DBS check)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work for a range of schools
- Professional development
- Weekly pay
- CV writing and support
- Interview preparation
- Free Training
- A company that listens and values you
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee of the month £50 Love2Shop voucher
- Holiday pay - option to have it paid on top of your wage weekly or option to have it accrued (paid term time)
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people,
so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to
candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career
path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we
offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process
and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a
permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an
employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro
Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.