Are you Enthusiastic, Resilient, and Motivated wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people? Would you love the opportunity to work as a Team Leader at a Therapeutic Childrens Service.
Supporting people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Senior Therapeutic Care Workers to join a FANTASTIC Residential Service in Oswestry, supporting young people with Harmful Sexualised Behaviour. The aim of the service is to reduce and prevent the cycle of abuse by helping young people to both recover from their own underpinning trauma, but also to acknowledge and address their own sexual behaviours.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Contracted Hours: 40
Shift times: Rolling rota of 2 on and 2 off
As a Senior Therapeutic Worker, you will be key in helping people with complex needs. A Senior Therapeutic Care Worker is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. As a Senior Therapeutic Care Worker will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
About the Role
- To be involved in the direct delivery of services to the young people in accordance with the aims of the company.
- To assist the Management team in providing the highest possible standards of care guidance, support and protection for the young people and cooperate fully with colleagues.
- To carry out any of the practical tasks outlined on individual job lists.
- Record keeping and administration as required to include supporting with auditing and maintenance of children’s files.
- To be constantly vigilant on health and safety matters and to share concerns of same immediately with line management.
- Attending and contributing to a regular supervision session by arrangement with the Registered Manager.
- To attend training as arranged as part of your individual development plan.
- To complete mandatory and regulatory training as required by and provided by the organisation
- Offer ideas & organise stimulating activities and new experiences to enable poorly motivated young people to achieve.
- All candidates must be at least 22 years of age due to the needs of the Young People
- Must hold a valid UK Manual driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
- Must hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People of Children’s Residential Childcare
- Previous experience in a children's residential setting is required
- Excellent training opportunities provided and clinical supervision
- Extra benefits that include pension, childcare vouchers
- Fully funded CPD training
- Competitive annual leave allowance of 28 days p/year
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.