I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a settled and PASSIONATE team in the Wellington area to support 3 young people with emotional behavioural difficulties. Easily accessible from Exeter, Taunton and Bridgewater, the service is a STUNNING 5 bed home with 6 acres of land, including its very own tennis court!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst supporting the senior management team to run a happy and settled home. Our client operates a therapeutic setting and believes in the philosophy of making incredible memories with the children they support including once in a lifetime trips to Dubai, Disney Land and annual ski trips!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car and you MUST hold the Level 3 in Children & Young People to be considered for this role**
Salary: £26,592 - £29,760 (sleep allowance included) Plus overtime available!!
Location: Wellington, Somerset (TA21 postcode)
Hours: 40 hours a week plus 6 - 10 sleeps a month.
Shift pattern: 10am – 11pm sleep 7am – 10:30am / 10am - 10pm
Week 1: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
Week 2: Wednesday and Saturday
Week 3: Monday and Thursday
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!
- Free holidays to destinations such as Dubai/Disney Land
- 2 staff away days per year (fully paid activities such as dragon boating and go-karting)
- Free tennis coaching
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 5 Children & Young People Management qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility of mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.