Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent
£24000 - £26000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Vetro Recruitment have a unique opportunity for an experienced team leader within children's residential services in the Ebbw Vale area reporting directly to the Children's Home Manager. We are looking for a dedicated candidate, who has a minimum of 2 years' experience working within a residential children's home. You will need to have achieved your NVQ or QCF level 3 diploma in Children and Young People, and ideally have achieved or are working towards your level 5 diploma in Leadership for the Children & Young People's Workforce.
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Ebbw Vale
Hours: Full time including on call duties
Shift pattern: 10am - 10am (24 hour shifts - on a 3 week rolling rota)
Week 1: Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Week 2: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
Week 3: Wednesday
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children's Residential Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Providing leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff. Contribute to staff induction training.
- To assist the care home manager in delivering staff induction, training, mentoring coaching and ongoing support. To identify any skill's, knowledge or training gaps.
- Pension Package
- Good Work Life Balance
- Staff friendly staff Rota
- Significant investment in training and development of staff
- A set shift pattern that allows you to plan your holidays in advance.
- Must have relevant qualification - NVQ/QCF Level 3 - Children and Young People
- You will ideally have completed or be working towards the Level 5 diploma in Leadership for the Children & Young People's Workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in residential childcare ideally having acted up to a deputy role
- Must hold U.K Driving Licence