This is your opportunity!!
I am currently recruiting for an ambitious individual to join a successful and passionate team working within a children’s residential service in the Little Malvern area, supporting young people with EBD between the ages of 11 - 19.
Salary: £21,210 - £25,375 (sleep allowance included) plus plenty of overtime available!!
Location: Little Malvern (WR14)
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Shift Times: 8am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8.30am
Week 1 - Tuesday and Friday
Week 2 – Monday and Thursday
Week 3 – Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Perks reward and discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child-focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Internal monitoring, auditing and administration relating to the care and support of our young people
- Shift leading and organisation skills, ensuring staff team are working cohesively and shifts are running as planned to meet the young peoples needs.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is ESSENTIAL
- A passion for supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- You must be a driver and have held your licence for 3 years or more.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you.Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.