Are you an experienced Children’s Residential Support Worker looking to further your career? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people?
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an incredible opportunity for Children Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC 4-bedded residential home for children and young people, based in Whitchurch, supporting young people between the ages of 8-17 with predominantly EBD for long term settled therapeutic placements. The organisation is particularly selective about which young people we care for ensuring that we get the right balance within the homes.
The organisation has a proven track record of providing Outstanding rated services. We currently have 75% of our homes rated as Outstanding, 1 of which has been rated Outstanding for the last 7 years and another 2 homes for the last 3 years showing that we care about what we do and we deliver a quality service. The most important aspect of providing such high quality care is the staff team.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000
Hours: Full time (shift pattern is 2 on 3 off, inclusive of sleep-ins)
Shift pattern: 7.00am – 11pm
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Senior Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 2 on 2 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Support the Deputy Care Managers and managers in managing the home and deputise in their absence
- Supervise and support the staff team on a day to day basis
- Work to very high standards
- Have a Level 3 in Children and Young People or Residential Care or Children’s Workforce
- 2 years minimum experience of working in an EBD residential setting with children and young people.
- Have a proven track record of providing high quality care for our young people
- Hold a full driving licence and your own vehicle. You must also hold business use extension on your car insurance
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Generous annual leave scheme
- Bonus Scheme where you can earn an extra £50 per month
- Extensive training and career development with a clear progression pathway for those wishing to further their careers.
- Dental & Medical insurance
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme, offering access to doctors 24/7, money back on medical costs and counselling support
- Money saving discounts from thousands of stores
- Income protection
- Experience as a Children’s Residential Support Worker, or working with children with EBD.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.