Up to £20783 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a committed Team Leader / Senior Support Worker!
- 37.5 hours per week
- Car driver needed
- £20,783 per annum
- Children & Young People
Looking for a new role working with children and young people in Southampton?
Within this role, you will be responsible for supervising a team of support workers, providing day to day care for Young People, supporting them in activities, education and statutory meetings relating to their time in residential care.
Experience of working in a Residential Childcare setting or working with young people with challenging behaviour is an advantage, however if you are looking for a new career in care, we would be happy to receive your application, as all staff undertake relevant training leading to a Children, Young People & Families Practitioner Level 4 qualification (previously Diploma Level 3).
You will need to have passion and enthusiasm, excellent communications skills, high levels of self motivation and the necessary drive and commitment to support young people to achieve to the best of their ability.
This role is based on working approximately 8 shifts on a 3 week rolling rota basis.
You will need to have held a driving license for at least three years and have no more than six points. This role is to start as soon as possible.
What you will receive in return:
- 3 week rolling shift pattern
- Average of 37.5 hours a week, including evening and weekend working (1 in 3 weekends off)
- Sleep-in allowance of £35.00 (approx. 1 per week)
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled on-going face to face training and CPD planning
- Funded Children, Young People & Families Practitioner Level 4 (previously Diploma Level 3) included as part of role
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.