West Midlands, England
£100 - £130 per day
5 months ago
Vetro are currently recruiting an experienced teacher to work in an independent special school and children's home in the West Midlands.
We are keen to find the right candidate to join this dynamic and fast paced school based which supports boys and girls, aged 6 - 19 years, with complex learning needs, including Autism and PDA.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full-time until the end of the academic year
About the Organisation:
The organisation require a qualified and creative practitioner to deliver high standards of learning and achievement to their students, in accordance with a Steiner-Waldorf inspired Curriculum and in conjunction with the Independent School Standards. You will be required to work closely with children and young people with complex needs; utilising the classroom, sensory suite, on-site farm and parkland to help them to succeed and flourish.
The work of a Teacher in this role of often challenging and varied and will involve:
- To coordinate, lead and deliver flexible, person catered programs of study for designated individuals and groups of young people with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition.
- To teach a range of subjects including Mathematics, English and ICT. However these are expected to be taught through the Steiner Waldorf curriculum. Which utilises practical craft skills, seasonal October 2018 outdoor activities and movement, with an understanding of age appropriate subjects and activities.
- To demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of: the needs of the pupils; relevant curriculum areas; specialised teaching approaches, including an understanding of the PSTE model and Rudolf Steiner's model of human development (or be willing to learn), and procedures for assessment, planning, recording, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- To demonstrate consistent and effective planning of lessons, courses and individual programmes, with clear objectives to meet the needs and raise the attainment of all students through Practical Skills Therapeutic Education.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Teacher Status or recognised equivalent.
- Sound experience of working with children and young people with severe learning disabilities and profound autistic spectrum disorder.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Waldorf-Steiner teaching methodology (or if noexperience willingness to learn).
- Degree from a recognised university and relevant teaching experience.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Evidence of commitment to own continuous professional development.
- Job satisfaction, making a difference in children's lives
- Work-life balance
- Refer a friend bonus
- Learning and development plan
- Application and Interview support from a Qualified Teacher/Education Consultant
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.