£7.75 - £9.50 per annum
10 months ago
Vetro Recruitment is seeking confident Support Workers to assist within our client's homes, working with vulnerable adults with learning disabilities. This is an on going temporary position which can fit around your current commitments.
Flexible shifts available, let us know your availability and we will book you in for shifts around it!
The role will be working within residential and supported living units across Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
- Building relationships with the adults and staffing team
- Promoting independence at all times
- Contributing to staff meetings as and when required
- Ensuring high quality care is given at all times
- Assisting and Supporting with personal hygiene duties as and when required
- Providing emotional support where needed.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for the adults
- Able to work with challenging behaviours
- Able to offer personal hygiene care when required
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Have experience with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Be flexible with their working hours
- Able to travel to and from units/ homes via public transport or your own vehicle.
We offer competitive hourly rates along with a pension scheme and holiday entitlement
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.