£15600 - £18300 per annum
3 months ago
Night Student Support Assistants required!
The organisation provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Their aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
- Earning potential would be up to and around £15,659- £18,269 depending on qualifications.
- Shifts include alternate weekends (can sometimes be flexible).
- Pension from start of employment up to a max of 7.5%
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Cash plan
- Competitive Sick pay
- Generous Holiday leave.
- Training and Development
- Discounted Gym membership
- Perk Box
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Access to on-site swimming pool
Main Purpose of Job:
To take responsibility, as a member of the night staff team, for the care and security of all residential students overnight.
As a member of the Care team to care for the students and help maintain the efficient running of the Boarding Houses.
Guidance Towards Independence
- To encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary
- Helping students to wash, dress and make their beds where possible
- To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required Trust policy and procedure
- To provide sympathetic advice about minor problems to do with living in a community
- To help with washing, care and general maintenance
- To help students eat at meal times
- To help the students with their general cleanliness including washing, bathing and after toilet hygiene
- To help students with bowel and urinary management
- To support the company in safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all students.
- To comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- To maintain and develop own professional knowledge and awareness.
- To undertake any other such duties or general tasks and hours of work as may reasonably be required and any other responsibilities, which may from time to time, be delegated by your manager.