£17500 - £18500 per annum
5 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
I am looking to appoint an enthusiastic invidudual for a full-time and permanent Therapeutic Support Worker to join a Young People's Residential Service in Bussage, Stroud.
In your new role as Therapeutic Suppor Worker you will be supporting young people aged 13-21 who have a history of self-injurious and other risk-taking behaviours.
Salary: £17,000 - £18,500 dependant on experience.
Shift pattern: Waking nights and day shifts available
Days: Early: 07:30 - 15:30, Late - 14:30 - 22:30 or Long day 07:30 - 10:30 OR
Waking Nights: 8pm till 10am - 3 or 4 days a week
Location: Bussage, Stroud
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital; experience however is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
About the Organisation:
This is a leading Education and Children's Services company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes they focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone that they support. They offer individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
This consists of a six-bedroomed home and two independent living flats, providing specialist residential care and treatment for up to eight young women aged 13-21 with a history of self-injurious and other risk-taking behaviours.
They support people who need specialist intervention for self-harming and risk-taking behaviours, may have co-existing diagnosed mental illness, may have a prior history of self-harming behaviour and treatment, will benefit from a sensory integration and positive support approach and may have attachment difficulties associated with complex presentations and may need care as an emergency or as a respite placement.
Supported by a very skilled team, you would be working closely alongside their service users to achieve excellent treatment outcomes.
- House, flat and gardens
- 2 lounges
- Therapy room
- Dining room and kitchen
The Role of Therapeutic Support Worker:
- Ensuring that you understand and are able to implement all requirements of Mental Health Specialist Services' Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring clear lines of communication are utilised, promoting the welfare of the Clients, including liaising with parents/carers and other professionals/agencies ie: Social Workers, Nurses and Psychotherapists.
- Demonstrating an ability to operate as a member of a team.
- Having an open mind, in relation to service user's needs and culture and to have a knowledge and understanding of the service users' needs and rights.
- Possessing the ability to diffuse/resolve stressful situations with the use of effective communication skills.
- Undertaking training and development courses as required and to contribute to the identification of own training and development needs.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Emotional robustness.
- Willingness to participate in holidays and other activities.
- To work in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Basic understanding of using IT systems (MS Office, Web Based System) (Desirable).
- Previous experience of Therapeutic work (Desirable).
- Knowledge of eating disorders and or self-injury (Desirable).
If you are interested in this position please apply via this job ad, alternatively if you would like a confidential chat please give Alexandra a call on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.