£16495 - £22330 per annum
5 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are recruiting for Therapeutic Support Worker to join a special Educational Residential School in the heart of Welshpool, Powys. The service provides on-site residential care and education for young males aged between 11 to 18 with Inappropriate & challenging behaviour.
The role of a Therapeutic Support Worker
- Annual Salary: £16,494 - £22,330
- Hours per week: 40
- Competitive Annual leave with 28 days leave per annum
- 3 week rolling rota
- No sleep ins required
- Permanent Full time role, flexible working week
- Choice of shift patterns including days or nights
- Excellent training opportunities provided and clinical supervision
- Extra benefits that include pension, childcare vouchers
- Fully funded CPD training
About the Service
This small and specialist private service is a centre of excellence for young males who have been exhibited inappropriate behaviours. Research and evidenced based models are used in this service which are underpinned by specialist trained staff, to deliver stable placements with best outcomes.
The aim is to provide a safe place where young people can experience consistent and secure boundaries which support individual growth and achievement. Our therapeutic programme is multisystemic in nature, with care, education and therapy departments working collaboratively to support the individual treatment goals identified for each young person, with smooth and supported transitions through full care pathways.
About the role
- As a Therapeutic Support Worker you are involved in the direct delivery of services to the young people in accordance with the aims the company.
- To assist the Management team in providing the highest possible standards of care guidance, support and protection for the young people and co-operate fully with colleagues.
- To carry out any of the practical tasks out lined on individual job lists.
- Record keeping and administration as required to include supporting with auditing and maintenance of children's files.
- To be constantly vigilant on health and safety matters and to share concerns of same immediately with line management.
- Attending and contributing to a regular supervision session by arrangement with the Registered Manager.
- To attend training as arranged as part of your individual development plan.
- To complete mandatory and regulatory training as required by and provided by the organisation
- Offer ideas & organise stimulating activities and new experiences to enable poorly motivated young people to achieve.
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.