£17500 - £22500 per annum + inclusive of £60 sleep in allowance
5 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and committed individuals for Support Worker jobs in a small independent Therapeutic Community in a rural setting in Wiltshire. You will be offering Residential Support to Children and Young People who have had a traumatic upbringing and display challenging behaviours.
Salary: £22,500 per year - this is a basic salary of £17,500 a year plus £60 per sleep in shift.
Shift Pattern: 1 on / 2 off
Week 1: Mon, Thurs, Sun
Week 2: Weds, Sat
Week 3: Tues, Fri
Shifts are 24hr sleep in shifts - 07:30am - 07:30am
Requirements for the job
- Enthusiastic and empathetic nature with the ability to work with challenging behaviours
- Interest in supporting Young People in a therapeutic way.
- At least 23 years of age due to the age of the young people you will support.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Manual Driving Licence.
- £60 per sleep in.
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays).
- Additional on the job training with development opportunities
- Help through qualifications.
The community offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 9 to 17 years with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. They have developed consistently successful programmes for working with girls who present difficult to manage or chaotic behaviours- which may have been triggered by a number of factors which may include; self-harm, abuse, sexual exploitation, dysfunctional and/or destructive family patterns. The organisation helps girls to gain some awareness of how their experiences have resulted in a sense of chaos and confusion, culminating in an awareness of non- integration with themselves and alienation from society and promotes self-belief, confidence, motivation, trust, openness and resourcefulness. They work with young people, their families and other organisations to identify methods of working that understand, develop and change behaviours.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Assisting young people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities, these include going to the gym, swimming, shopping and other outdoor activities.
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service.
- Ability to work and adhere to the guidelines of Safeguarding Children and Young People and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015 document.
- Be passionate about making a difference to the young people residing at the community.
- Supporting with all aspects of personal care.
- Supporting taxing behaviours safely and sympathetically.
To apply for this job, please contact Alex on 029 21 660 880 or apply via this job advertisement.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.