£21750 - £25056 per annum
7 days ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join an incredibly passionate team of staff supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties in Salisbury.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will work in a 2 - 6 bed children's residential service in the Salisbury area supporting young people between the ages of 10 - 16 who have experienced trauma and neglect within their lives.
Following a therapeutic approach to their care, you will support them in every area of their lives, from emotional and practical support to engaging them to participate in a range of indoor and outdoor activities.
Salary: £21,750 - £25,056 (sleep allowance included - salary dependant on experience & qualifications).
Hours: Full Time - Permanent
Shift Pattern: Varied including sleep in shifts - 9.30am - 11pm sleep / 7am - 11pm sleep / 7am - 10.30am
A small social enterprise, the organisation is unique within children's service as it re-invests all the money made back into the lives of the children and young people they support. The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Being able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- Experience of working with young people is essential.
- You MUST be a car driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 19.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People.
- 30 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package.
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.