£16000 - £18000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for a full-time and permanent Therapeutic Support Worker to join a Young People's Residential Service in Bussage, Stroud. You would be supporting and working alongside young women aged 13-21 who have a history of self-injurious and other risk-taking behaviours within a residential setting.
Hours: Various hours available
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital; experience however is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
About the Organisation:
This is a leading Education and Children's Services company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. They offer individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
This consists of a six-bedroomed home and two independent living flats, providing specialist residential care and treatment for up to eight young women aged 13-21 with a history of self-injurious and other risk-taking behaviours.
They support people who need specialist intervention for self-harming and risk-taking behaviours, may have co-existing diagnosed mental illness, may have a prior history of self-harming behaviour and treatment, will benefit from a sensory integration and positive support approach and may have attachment difficulties associated with complex presentations and may need care as an emergency or as a respite placement.
They Support Young People who:
- Need specialist intervention for self-harming and risk-taking behaviours.
- May have co-existing diagnosed mental illness.
- May have a prior history of self-harming behaviour and treatment.
- Will benefit from a sensory integration and positive support approach.
- May have attachment difficulties associated with complex presentations.
- May need care as an emergency or as a respite placement.
- House, flat and gardens
- 2 lounges
- Therapy room
- Dining room and kitchen
The Role of Therapeutic Support Worker:
- Ensuring that you understand and are able to implement all requirements of Mental Health Specialist Services' Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring clear lines of communication are utilised, promoting the welfare of the Clients, including liaising with parents/carers and other professionals/agencies ie: Social Workers, Nurses and Psychotherapists.
- Demonstrating an ability to operate as a member of a team.
- Having an open mind, in relation to service user's needs and culture and to have a knowledge and understanding of the service users' needs and rights.
- Possessing the ability to diffuse/resolve stressful situations with the use of effective communication skills.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Able to return information and carry out instructions accurately.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to accurately record basic physical observations.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Emotional robustness.
- Willingness to participate in holidays and other activities.
- To work in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Previous experience of Therapeutic work (Desirable).
- Knowledge of eating disorders and or self-injury (Desirable).
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.