£17694 - £18794 per annum
17 days ago
Are you looking for a new role during these difficult times? We can help you!
*** NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
We are recruiting for passionate and enthusiastic Waking Night Support Workers to join a Specialist Independent SEN Residential School in Hook, Hampshire.
Salary: £17,694 - £18,794 a year.
Hours: Full-Time and permanent. Shifts are 7:30pm - 7:45am. 3 x shifts per week.
About the Organisation:
This Residential School supports young people aged 8-19 who can no longer live at home because of their exceptional support needs.
You will be working within a 180-strong team to provide care and support for 52 weeks of the year to up to 30 students with complex learning disabilities. Due to the nature of the disabilities, the young people may also have additional needs such as severe autism, epilepsy, self-injury, aggression and general disruptive behaviours.
- Ensuring the safety of the children throughout the night and adhering to school's policies, procedures and the children's guidelines.
- Carry out regular checks on the children throughout the night, record and pass on to the on-call Night Leader.
- Undertaking personal tasks when necessary, including toileting assistance, washing and dressing whilst providing a high level of care at all times.
- Attend mandatory training courses and other recommended training for career development.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with the children, parents, work colleagues and external professional.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to ensure that planned activities take place with adequate staffing and supervision.
- Support with domestic and personal duties.
- Previous experience in working with young people with autism and complex needs or with challenging behaviours is an advantage.
- Must be dedicated, resilient, passionate and empathetic.
- You must be a car driver due to the location of the setting.
- Bonus scheme.
- Free Staff meals on shift.
- On-site parking.
- Generous referral scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounted gym membership.
** All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. **
Due to the current situation, Skype interviews are being held as opposed to meeting face-to-face, so we do require that you have a smartphone or computer - or access to one.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!