£18193 - £18200 per annum + TERM TIME ONLY!
4 months ago
Waking Night Support Worker / Education & Children's Residential
£18,193 per annum - Permanent
45 hours per week ** Term Time Only **
We are currently recruiting for Waking Night Support Workers to work within a residential setting for Young People (16+) who have mild, moderate and severe autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex learning needs, including behavioural difficulties that need care and support. Experience is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
The service that we are recruiting for are part of a nationwide organisation offering career progression and training to all employees. They promote individually tailored programmes for each young person, from leisure and life skills and training within the community, work experience, alongside ongoing education and care. Fundamentally enabling every young person to live as independently as possible.
Residential houses for young people are located across Frome, providing service users with the opportunity to experience independent living in a range of different settings. Each house boasts a "home from home" environment, alongside a great working ethos supported by a dedicated team of staff.
As a Waking Night Waking Support Worker you will be a key member of a long standing team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to young people. You will possess a naturally caring approach to enable you to build relationships with both young people supported and their families; encouraging and supporting the planning of goals and living as independently as possible.
- Supporting students during the evening and throughout the night.
- Carrying out a number of admin and domestic tasks.
- You will ensure that the residences are secure throughout the hours of 10pm - 8am.
- You will be alert and observant with regards to the well-being of the learners and aware of the specific needs of learners with Asperger's Syndrome.
- You will work as a member of the team, sharing and recording information as appropriate.
- (QCF) level 3 Diploma in relevant care/children & young people related area is desirable, however the opportunity to complete this qualification (for those who haven't previously obtained) is available within six months of joining the organisation.
- Patience and understanding surrounding learning disabilities and challenging behaviours, 6 months experience caring children / young people / adults in a residential setting is desirable.
- You will be flexible in working a fixed rota system which will include weekends.
- This is a term time only position. However, salary is calculated to be paid 12 months a year!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone