We are currently recruiting Waking Night Support Workers, to work in a fantastic service in Welshpool that supports Young People in a truly unique setting. The successful candidate will work on a fixed rota of 4 on / 4 off pattern, so you are able to get great work/life balance!
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
You will be awake on duty at all times throughout the night to monitor and to respond to young people’s individual needs and the requirements of on-call Managers.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Hourly rate: £9.57 - £10.31ph depending on experience & qualifications
Hours: WAKING NIGHTS 10pm - 8am (4 on / 4 off shift pattern)
35 hours per week
£1000 unsociable hours bonus at the end of the year
Please note, if you have an NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People, you are eligible to apply for a Senior Support Worker role!
- Rolling rota pattern to maintain a work life balance
- 28 days holiday rising with service
- Incremental pay scale and annual pay review
- Specialist staff training and development
- 3% Contributory pension
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Regular whole community and team days and celebration events
- Staff team support groups
- Individual clinical supervision
About the Role
As a Waking Night Support Worker, you will be key in helping young people with complex needs. This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. Your ambition for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential. You can genuinely make a difference!
- To be involved in the direct delivery of services to the young people in accordance with the aims of the company.
- To assist the Management team in providing the highest possible standards of care guidance, support and protection for the young people and cooperate fully with colleagues.
- To carry out any of the practical tasks outlined on individual job lists.
- Record keeping and administration as required to include supporting with auditing and maintenance of children’s files.
- To be constantly vigilant on health and safety matters and to share concerns of the same immediately with line management.
- To complete mandatory and regulatory training as required by and provided by the organisation
- Offer ideas & organise stimulating activities and new experiences to enable poorly motivated young people to achieve.
Full UK manual drivers licence and access to vehicle
Minimum age of 22 due to the needs of the Young People
No previous experience is necessary for this position as full training and induction is offered upon starting. We are looking for the right values and traits for the service!
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.